If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (610) 327-9644

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Extinguishers; which one to use when

10/19/2018 (Permalink)

We all know that we should keep fire extinguisher's in our homes and businesses...but which ones do we need?  It depends on the type of fire. The most common is Class A. This is used to put out most ordinary things like clothing, paper, plastics and wood.  Class B is for grease, oil or gasoline. Class C is for appliances, tools or other electrical equipment.  Class D is for flammable metals, mostly only found in factories and manufacturing plants. And lastly is Class K.  This is for animal fats and vegetable oils and are primarily found in commercial kitchens but are beginning to make their way into residences as well. If you don't have an extinguisher and you find yourself with a grease fire in your kitchen, remember Do Not use Water, throw baking soda on it instead! 

Other News

View Recent Posts